Ежегодно учащиеся нашей гимназии (с 3 по 11 классы) принимают активное участие в Игровом конкурсе по английскому языку
"British Bulldog" В России этот конкурс проводится под эгидой Института продуктивного обучения РАО и British Institutes.
Конкурсное задание состоит из 60 вопросов.
Конкурсное задание состоит из 60 вопросов.
Ниже предлагаются задания из конкурсов прошлых лет.
Задания 2007-2008 года (5-6 классы)
II. Read the text attentively and choose the right form from the variants below.
Frankie … (11) green and very tall. He has yellow eyes, black hair and a small nose. He also has enormous hands and … (12). He isn't pretty. In fact, he's very
ugly and people … (13) him a monster. They are afraid of him and always run away … (14) they see him. But Frankie isn't bad! He is an intelligent man and he loves
reading. He has … (15) of books in his little house.
He likes writing stories. He sells his stories … (16) make money. He also likes … (17) his computer and the Internet to write to people. They don't know that he is
ugly and they enjoy his letters. They sometimes ask him for his photograph, but Frankie never sends it.
Frankie enjoys gardening. There are a lot of vegetables, fruit trees and roses in … (18) big garden. He loves roses! He puts bread out in the garden for the birds so
there are a lot of birds too. They … (19) afraid of him!
Frankie never eats meat. He doesn't like it. He eats vegetables, fruit and bread. Because he doesn't like it when people run away from him, he orders all his
shopping by the Internet. The shop delivers his shopping to his house. In this way, people don't see him and he feels … (20). And when it is raining he doesn't have to go out of the house. He doesn't like the rain and he is afraid of thunder and lightning.
11) A. is B. are C. am
12) A. foot B. feet C. foots
13) A. calls B. write C. call
14) A. when B. how C. by
15) A. much B. lot C. a lot
16) A. by B. for C. to
17) A. gaming B. using C. eating
18) A. his B. him C. at
19) A. not be B. are not C. is not
20) A. happiest B. happier C. the happier
III. Complete the phrases using the information from the text.
21) Frankie has … .
A. black hair and big hands and feet
B. green eyes and a small nose
C. small hands and feet
22) People like writing to Frankie because … .
A. they don't know that he is ugly
B. they meet him in the supermarket
C. they like to eat meat too
23) Frankie is … .
A. a good person
B. an evil person
C. a beautiful person
24) He lives in … .
A. a big house without a garden
B. a small house with a big garden
C. a small garden
25) He … a lot of books.
26) Frankie sends his photo to … .
A. his Internet friends
C. the shop
27) Birds … .
A. don't come into the garden
B. come into the garden
C. are afraid of Frankie
28) Frankie likes … .
B. eating meat
C. shopping in malls
29) Frankie goes to … .
A. the supermarket
B. the theatre
C. the garden to put the bread for the birds
30) Frankie is happy when … .
A. people don't see him
B. he doesn't see birds
C. he is in the supermarket
IV. Complete the dialogue on the ICQ according to the text above.
F is for Frankie, B is for Betty (Frankie's pen pal)
B: Hello, Frankie!
F: Hi, Betty!
B: Where are you from?
F: I … (31) England .
A. am from
B. born in
C. is from
B: How old are you?
F: I am … (32).
A. fifteen old
B. fifteen years old
B: Do you go to school?
F: No, I … (33).
A. am not
B. is not
C. do not
B: Have you got any pets?
F: Yes, I have … (34).
A. a birds
B: What is your hobby?
F: I like … (35).
B: Do you like to eat meat?
F: No, I don't, but I … (36) vegetables.
B: Do you write stories?
F: Yes, I do and I sell … (37).
B: What do you write about?
F: I write about different … (38).
B: Are they nice?
F: Yes, they … (39).
B. is nice
B: I want to read them!
F: I can send them … (40).
A. by you
B. from you
C. to you
V. Choose the correct explanation for the words according to their meaning in the text.
41) enormous =
A. very big B. hungry C. stupid
42) ugly =
A. beautiful B. pretty C. not beautiful
43) afraid =
A. scared B. sad C. nice
44) intelligent =
A. stupid B. kind C. smart
45) garden =
A. house B. roof C. flower yard
46) shop =
A. flat B. house C. store
47) in this way =
A. so B. why C. there
48) bad =
A. not good B. good C. not pretty
49) rose =
A. bread B. shop C. flower
50) rain =
A. ice B. water C. fire
VI. Choose the correct answer.
51) Is your sister's … than yours?
A. hair more long
B. more long hair
C. hair longer
52) Tony looks nice, … ?
A. doesn't Tony
B. does he
C. doesn't he
53) There's only … milk. Can you buy some more at the shop, please?
B. a little
C. a few
54) Can you help me? I've got … in my eye.
55) Can I have a … of cake, please?
56) Tony … three languages.
A. is speaking
B. was speaking
57) Billy is … in old films.
58) Don't talk while you … .
B. are eating
59) Mary went home three hours … .
60) I am going to Dublin … Christmas.
Задания 2008-2009 года (5-6 классы)
II. Complete the telephone conversation with the words below
Brian: Hello. Can I speak to Sue, please? This is Brian.
Jill: Oh, hello, Brian. This is Jill. … (11) on a moment and I'll call Sue. She's cooking in the … (12).
(A minute later)
Sue: Hello, Brian!
Brian: Hi, Sue. … (13). Would you like to go to the cinema with me tonight?
Sue: It depends. What's … (14)?
Brian: I can't … (15) the title, but it's a science fiction film and Tom Cruise is in it. I know you like him.
Sue: Yes, I do. OK, … (16). But I don't want to be late home. I'm working tomorrow and I have a lot to do. This is a very … (17) period in the office.
Brian: That's no problem. Why don't we … (18) at half past six? We can have a hamburger and then go to the cinema.
Sue: No, I don't want to eat … (19) food! Why don't you come here? I'll cook some spaghetti.
Brian: Great! I love your spaghetti Bolognese.
Sue: … (20) at half past six.
11. A ) Expect B) Hold C) Wait
12. A ) kitchen B) chicken C) cooker
13. A ) Hear B) Go C) Listen
14. A ) like B) on C) at
15. A ) learn B) remember C) understand
16. A ) go B) let's go C) we go
17. A ) bored B) occupied C) busy
18. A ) meet us B) meet C) see you
19. A ) junk B) quick C) hungry
20. A ) See you B) We see us C) I am seeing
III. Complete the phrases using the information from the text
21. Brian wants to speak to …
C) Sue's mother
22. Sue can't answer the call because she …
A) is not at home
B) is busy in the kitchen
C) is cleaning the kitchen
23. Brian invites her …
A) to the restaurant
B) to the cinema
C) to watch television
24. He wants to go to the cinema …
A) next Saturday
C) in the evening
25. Tom Cruise …
A) is at the cinema
B) wants to see the film
C) is starring in this film
26. She will go to the cinema if …
A) she comes home late
B) she comes home early
C) a good film is on
27. She has … in the office.
C) lots of work
28. They will meet at …
29. They will … before going to the cinema.
A) eat spaghetti
B) have a hamburger
C) eat nothing
30. Brian likes …
IV. Choose the correct word in each of the following sentences
31. History is my favourite … , but today it wasn't interesting.
32. My primary school only has 300 …
33. I didn't have time … beds this morning.
A) to do
B) to make
C) to clean
34. Is there anything … you'd like me to tell you?
35. When we were in Spain last year, we … at a marvelous hotel.
36. Does your husband ever offer you to do … ?
B) the washing-up
37. I hate doing the … , especially cleaning the windows.
38. Do you know how … it is from London to Manchester ?
39. He is … his wife to drive.
40. What time do you usually … ?
C) get up
V. Choose the correct answer
41. We haven't got … money.
42. The clown with the red nose is … than the other clown.
43. John usually goes to school by bus but today he … there.
C) is walking
44. My car is old. I … to buy a new car next week.
A) am go
C) am going
45. I always … music when I study.
A) listen to
B) listen at
46. Do you like … TV?
B) to look
47. … any DVDs ? Yes, he has.
A) Does he have
B) Has got
C) Has he got
48. Where … last Saturday? I went out with Cindy.
A) did you went
B) do you go
C) did you go
49. … I borrow your Pen? Certainly.
50. Ben has bought another stamp. He really likes collecting them, … ?
A) doesn't he
B) isn't he
C) does he
VI. Look at the picture and choose the correct answer
51. There is a … in Mrs. Rossi's bathroom.
A) shower B) bath C) swimming pool
52. There is a white …
A) mouse B) dog C) cat
53. There is a … on the wall.
A) picture B) bookcase C) mirror
54. There is a green …
A) dress B) coat C) jacket
55. There isn't a …
A) plant B) dress C) radio
VII. Read these descriptions and then label the pictures with the correct names
Kate is fatter than Tracy.
Emily is thinner than Diana and taller.
Tracy is shorter than Diana, but taller than Kate.
Jenny is shorter than all the others.
Kate is taller than Jenny, but shorter than Tracy.
56. A ) Tracy B) Emily C) Jenny
57. A ) Emily B) Kate C) Jenny
58. A ) Tracy B) Diana C) Kate
59. A ) Jenny B) Diana C) Tracy
60. A ) Diana B) Emily C) Kate